£33, £30 & £27.50
£33, £30 & £27.50
This historic event will showcase some of the finest musicians and dancers from across Ulster in a two hour show which will allow the artistes and bands to feature and showcase their talents on a scale or in an arena never before available to these artistes and bands
The Tattoo will have its roots unashamedly in the traditions of the UlsterScots people but will reach out, through the forthcoming years, to showcase the talents, through music and dance, that UlsterScots people have come into contact with as they have travelled around the world and also those traditions and people who have come to Ulster and had an impact on the traditions of the people of Ulster.
The Belfast Tattoo has been several years in the planning, and moving forward, it will now be an annual event for the City of Belfast.
Participants in 2013 include:
• The Massed UlsterScots Pipe Band - Featuring Ravara Pipe Band; Seven Towers Pipe Band; Aughintober Pipe Band; Killeen Pipe Band, Cottown Pipe Band & Mannorcunningham Pipe Band.
• Flute Bands - Featuring Brookeborough Flute Band & Ballinran Flute Band.
• Accordion Bands - Featuring Dunloy Accordion Band & Vow Accordion Band.
• Silver Bands - Featuring Murley Silver Band & Dungannon Silver Band.
• The Belfast Tattoo Highland Dance Troupe, drawing dancers from all parts of Ulster and down into Dublin, and will be led and choreographed by Michelle Johnston, current Ulster Highland Dance Champion at adult level for the sixth year in a row
• Ex-World Champion Drum Majors - Brian Wilson MBE, Violet McBride MBE & Alan McBride
• The Success Dance Team from the Chinese Community will perform the spectacle that is The Dragon Dance.
• The MC for The Belfast Tattoo will be Ms Helen Mark. Her list of presenting credits include Greenfingers, Countryfile, Farming Today, Open Country and The Family Show. She also presents may programmes centred around the UlsterScots, especially Santer and Kist O Wurds.
• Dame Mary Peters DBE LL RNR will be in attendance on Saturday 28th September and will take the salute at the end of the evening. Dame Mary has been an inspiration to people throughout Northern Ireland, bringing people together in times of trouble, through her sporting triumphs. She is the current Lord Lieutenant of the City of Belfast. In May of this year, she will be given the Freedom of the City of Belfast.
For further information please visit www.belfasttattoo.com
how to book
- Booking online
- To purchase tickets online via Ticketmaster's secure website, click on your desired date and time. NB Online bookings subject to service charge.
- Booking by phone
- Booking by post
- Enclose covering letter stating preferred show, date, performance and number of tickets. Send to: Odyssey Arena Box Office, 2 Queen's Quay, Belfast BT3 9QQ. Cheques should be payable to Odyssey Arena.
Unfortunately we cannot accept postal bookings for popular events that are expected to sell out in quickly.
- Booking in person
- Visit the Arena Box Office Mon to Fri from 10am to 6pm and Sat from 10am to 5pm. Opening hours may change on event days and when tickets go on sale. Alternatively call into your nearest Ticketmaster outlet. Tickets purchased at Ticketmaster outlets subject to service charge.